Welcome to the TCU Department of Mathematics web page! Take some time to browse our site and learn about our distinguished faculty, our excellent undergraduate and graduate programs, and our varied research.
Enjoy the February issue of the TCU Math Department newsletter!
Dr. Sommer Gentry , Professor of Mathematics at the United States Naval Academy and Research Associate at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, will be the 2020 Cecil H. and Ida Green Honors Chair in the Department of Mathematics. She will be giving the following talks:
Monday, February 24
- Student Lecture: The Size of Infinity, 3:30-4:30 pm, Rees-Jones Hall 112
- Public Lecture: Faster, Safer, Healthier with Operations Research, 6:30-8:00 pm, Palko Hall 130
Tuesday, February 25
- Student Discussion: Careers in Mathematics Panel Discussion, 3:30-5:00 pm, Rees-Jones Hall 112
- Workshop: Superhuman Counting, 5:30-6:30 pm, Rees-Jones Hall 211
Wednesday, February 26
- Colloquium: Models that Matter – Making Organ Allocation Fair, 1:00-2:00 pm, Tucker Technology Center 243
The next meeting of the Geometry and Geometric Analysis (GAGA) Seminar will be Wednesday, March 4 at 3:00 in TUC 244. The speaker will be Dr. Anton Selitsky, who be be lecturing on “Fractional Powers of Operators Corresponding to Coercive Problems in Lipschitz Domains.”
Check the TCU Math Department calendar for the latest events.
Follow @tcumathclub on Instagram to keep up with all things Math Club!